0.00 € Shipping
0.00 € Total
What is that "Driftwood"?
• The "Driftwood" is a wood that has made a long stay in sea water.
• The "Driftwood" is a wood found only on the beaches.
• The "Driftwood" don't need no secondary treatment of protection or beautification (xylophene, water bleach, varnish, paint...). It is naturally protected by its high salt content.
• All the ends of the "Driftwood" are polished whether it be a small or large branch, a trunk, a Board or any other type of "Driftwood".
What is that "Deadwood"?
• The 'dead wood' is a wood that is located at the banks of the rivers, rivers and freshwater lakes.
• The 'dead wood' requires a protective treatment with chemical products against borers and must be painted or painted for a holding in time.
• "Dead wood" can be lightweight and light-colored, which is not a Driftwood so far. The weight and color of the wood depend especially on its essence.
• The 'dead wood' contrary to the "Driftwood" is found in abundance in any course of freshwater (stream, rivers, lakes...).
See Info: http://Fr.Wikipedia.org/wiki/Bois_mort
This said "dead wood" is in no way a Driftwood properties.
We are also against picking up the Deadwood in the vicinity of rivers, because you should know that dead wood found in the banks of the rivers and Lakes plays a leading role in the equilibrium of the ecosystem. Indeed, dead wood found in river's edge has several ecological values:
-Value of structure: natural jam, it forms small dams filter, which hold the water of the catchment area, limited water stress, the effects of the drought, downstream flooding and erosion throughout the small forest streams.
-Value of habitat and food for a large part of the saproxylic composed of species threatened and locally extirpated unlike Driftwood representing by its high salt content plus any interest for these insects.
Watch out for false advertising!
Some sites sell wood River at attractive prices under the name 'Driftwood '. We reprouvons this kind of business practice.
SOME TIPS BEFORE YOU BUY...
-Check the provenance of the Driftwood before any purchase. To do this, feel free to ask questions to the seller.
-As for the purchase of other products, we recommend that you browse the forums and specialized sites to be able to make purchases with confidence.
More information on the following links :